Thank you for taking the time to read about our
bowling club. Hopefully the following
information will help you decide to join us and enjoy
both the sport of lawn bowling and the social life
that club membership can provide.
We were established in 1945 and the past 70 years have resulted in many lasting friendships to our members.
The information that follows is designed to assist
you in making your decision to join us. You will
certainly be made welcome if you decide to give it a
• a one hour of "Come n Try" bowling on the greens.
• experience some basic tuition from one of our members.
• use our club bowls.
• a tour of the Clubhouse and the other facilities and how our Club operates.
• understand what social and pennant bowls has to offer and the small fees involved.
• meet some of the members - depending on what events are on at that time.
• go through the details in the "New Player Welcome Pack"
Note: soft, smooth soled shoes or bare feet can only be used on the greens.
If you decide to proceed the next step will be.
Once the Application Form has been completed, contact the member that assisted you during the "Come and Try" and you will be helped through the necessary process (or someone in the club that you may already know).
Social bowls are played in competition format every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during winter. We also have Night Owls bowls on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings during daylight saving. A small fee applies for each event.
Please click here for more details.
You do not have to play every day. You might favour one event more than the other - it's up to the individual - but usually a good start is to play on Tuesday until you become familiar with the club.
Once you become confident you might want to give Pennant Competition a try.
• First year pennant players will be provided with a basic uniform, at no cost and as long as the player continues through to a second season, is able to retain the uniform.
• A coach to help with development.
• Assist as much as possible in the player's development.
• Pre-season coaching seasons, view website and notice board
Please click for PENNANT information
The information above is a summary of Somerton Bowling Club.
We recommend that you read the New Bowler Welcome Pack to assist you when joining our Club.
Please click here for a pdf of the New Bowler Welcome Pack